Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Feelin' hot, hot hot!

Do you ever have days where you look in the mirror and think, "I look goooood today"?  And then you think, "who can I share these good looks with?  Who will appreciate them?"  Then you look around your house, and what do you know, there's no one there to tell you how hot you look.  And maybe you think, "if I had a husband, he would tell me how hot I look."  

Do you ever wish you had someone to ask "do these pants make my butt look fat?" (personally, if you have to ask, you shouldn't be wearing them.  Either that, or you've got some self confidence issues.)  Or have a great day at work, or accomplish a personal best and really want someone to share it with who will truly appreciate what you have done and celebrate with you?

If you had a husband, he could do all of those things for you.  Not saying he would, but he certainly could.   My thought is, why wait for a husband?  Hopefully you've got friends who can tell you all of those things.  But there's something even better.  If you can learn to recognize your own beauty, whether internal or external, celebrate your own achievements, and figure out what looks good on you without assistance (it only took me about 10 years of running my clothing purchases past my sister for approval before I finally figured out for myself what works for me), you will not need to depend on someone else for your happiness.  And then when you do find a husband who can give you complements and celebrate with you, you've got a bonus.

So how do you learn this? Remember the very first line of the Young Women's theme - "We are daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us..."  He made you beautiful, talented, and capable of being happy - whatever your situation in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment