Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Another Reason

I recently discovered another potential reason for getting married.  The lease on our office space expires in the next year or so, and we will be moving to a new building.  The new space is located in the same building as the Holt Renfrew store, which is a very high end, very expensive clothing store.  I was joking with one of the senior guys at work and asked if one of the conditions of the new lease was that we'd have to shop at Holt Renfrew once we moved to the new building.  He said, no, what you need to do is get a man, so when you go shopping there, there's someone at home who can look at the bills and be shocked and appalled at how much you spent and how little you got for it.  Implicit in his response is that the husband would also be paying the horrifically high bill.  While I've certainly thought about having a husband who earned a sufficient income that I could stay home and take care of the kids, it never would have occurred to me to get a husband so I can shop at Holt Renfrew.  I'm actually really good at being shocked and appalled at high prices all by myself, so I think I'll stick with the more basic reasons to get married - companionship, fulfilling the commandments, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment