Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Accessorizing

I recently read a very interesting article in the Globe and Mail about women "not dating", but instead having a "gaggle" of male friends, one for every occasion.  It made me laugh, and think that perhaps Mormons are ahead of the trend, as we've apparently been "hanging out" for years without dating. (See Elder Oaks' fantastic CES broadcast from May 2005, as condensed in the June 2006 Ensign, where he talks about dating versus hanging out)

According to the article, you can have a gaggle of men and still have a boyfriend.  That's fabulous news - I'd get right on it, if I had any idea where (or how) to pick up a gaggle.  But truthfully, I do have a gaggle of one (can it really be a gaggle if there's only one member? I think he'd just be a goose, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't appreciate being called a goose.)  DD, thanks for being a great non-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment