Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Brain Freeze

I have discovered another benefit to not being single - increased mental activity, or a broader scope of awareness and understanding.  I live alone (DB, I know, you're thinking, 'it's your own fault for moving away'), mostly work alone, do some solitary sporting activities, often vacation alone.  As you might imagine, that results in a whole lot of talking to myself.  As you might also imagine, that gets pretty boring after a while.  I'm an OK conversationalist when I have someone to work with and feed off of - when I'm just talking to myself, the conversations can get pretty repetitive and simple.  Even when Me, Myself and I have the occasional debate or even heated discussion, I can pretty much tell who's going to win, so there's no suspense.

But having someone else to talk to, ahhhh, that's refreshing.  New ideas, fresh points of view - it can be very invigorating.  Like tonight.  All my blog thoughts are on serious subjects.  Unfortunately, I don't want to be serious right now, I'd rather laugh.  And so I am soliciting your humorous thoughts - please share a joke, a funny story, a non sequitur.  I look forward to hearing from you and laughing with you (or if not exactly with you, at least laughing at the same things).

No comments:

Post a Comment