Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

World's Longest Layover

On my way back from central Europe a few years ago I had a 24-hour layover in Paris.  While waiting for my next flight, I went up the Eiffel Tower, saw Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, the Moulin Rouge, the Champs Elysees and wandered the banks of the River Seine.  I ate quiche, crepes and pain au chocolat.  Basically, I had a fantastic time during my layover, and caught my next flight feeling very glad for the layover (although a little tired from running all over the place).
Single life is kind of like a layover.  God's plan makes it pretty clear that being single is not the final destination, even though you generally don't know exactly when the next leg of your journey will start.  So you've got a couple of choices; you can sit in the figurative airport waiting for your next flight to be called, dragging your luggage with you every time you go to the bathroom and trying to find some way to sleep on those horrible lounge chairs,being interrupted every few minutes by announcements over the p.a. system, or you can make the most of your layover, see the sights and experience everything you can about wherever you are.  I can guarantee that wherever you are spending your layover, life will be way more interesting and enjoyable if you choose to leave the airport and take in the sights.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say "Vive la Layover" but then realized that we may not want the layover to be long-lived...
    How about "Carpe Layover"

    ReplyDelete