Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Burst my bubble

I generally try to focus on the benefits of being single because frankly, I'd rather be happy than not.  But last night at our Relief Society meeting, one of the drawbacks of being single became glaringly obvious.  We were talking about being organized, and the speaker suggested that one way to get more done is to delegate work to those in your family, like having your kids clean the bathroom or dust or whatever.  I was crushed to realize that I have no one to delegate things to!  Given my recent post on wanting someone to help carry in the groceries, maybe this is something I should have figured out long ago.  I guess I always just thought of it as not having someone to help out with things.  Maybe it's more like what my sister does in her family - she does the "pink" jobs (her term, not mine), and delegates all the "blue" jobs to her husband.  Now that I know what I'm missing, I may have to start a list of things that I want to delegate to my husband, wherever he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment